Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sex Sells...Coffee?


Today, as I was enjoying my almost-daily Starbucks chai tea latte it caught my attention that lady Starbucks was looking quite a bit sexier these days. It looks as though the Starbucks Siren has undergone a makeover. Gone are the days of black and white frumpiness from a logo that is easily recognizable around the world.

Starbucks' launch of their Anniversary Blend campaign included a re-branding of their cups, coffee bean packaging and other memorabilia items. These items include a more youthful, slimmer and sexier version of the Starbucks Siren as seen in the photos below.




I personally really like this new logo and the strategically placed strands of hair crack me up as well. This new design is fresh and modern -- much like the Starbucks' brand itself. I am curious to see if this new version of the logo will extend beyond the Anniversary blend to eventually replace the classic black, white and green logo. As you can see from the photo of the bags of coffee above, Starbucks is featuring this new design in conjunction with the classical version of the logo.

I hope this new design sticks. The new Starbucks lady is a babe and I think she will do well for the company. I'm also not afraid to admit that I'm slightly jealous of her beautiful hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment